How to submit your article
Submit your manuscript electronically as an MS Word file. Follow these guidelines:
- At the top of the first page of the document, place the article title, your initials (not your name), and the date.
- DO NOT include extra hard returns between lines or paragraphs, extra spaces between words, or any special coding.
- Send a separate cover letter that includes your name; credentials; position; address; home, cell, and work telephone numbers; email address; and your employer’s name, city, and state.
- Email the article and any other attachments to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens to your manuscript after submittal?
- You will receive an email confirming receipt.
- If your manuscript contains clinical information and we believe it has publication potential, we will send it out for blind peer review (neither you nor the reviewers will know who wrote the article). All manuscripts also receive an internal editorial review. After the review, we’ll let you know whether the manuscript has been accepted, accepted pending revisions, or declined.
- If we accept your manuscript for publication, we’ll ask you to sign an agreement that gives HealthCom Media (publisher of Wound Care Advisor) the rights to your article so that it can be published. Each author must sign a separate agreement.
- Your article will go through our in-house editorial process, where professional editors ensure consistency with our editorial style. You will have a chance to review the edited version before it’s published.
- We will email you if we decide not to publish your manuscript.
Thank you for considering publishing in Wound Care Advisor, the official journal of the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy, the official. If you have any questions, please email: Cynthia Saver, RN, MS, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2016, HealthCom Media. All rights reserved.