Here are resources that can help you in your busy clinical practice by giving you information quickly. Don’t miss out!
Free educational and clinical resources on pressure ulcers
Access valuable educational and clinical resources from the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel. Among the free resources are:
• poster of best practices for prevention of medical device–related pressure ulcers (available as a PDF)
• pressure-ulcer prevention points (available as a PDF)
• registered nurse competency-based curriculum: pressure ulcer prevention.
Tutorials on diabetes foot care
Take an interactive tutorial on foot care for patients with diabetes. The module was published by the Patient Education Institute. You can also choose to watch in a self-playing mode and download a PDF text summary.
Quality assurance resources for long-term care
The resources in “Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) Resources” are targeted toward those working in long-term care. The list includes links such as:
• Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes National Campaign, which has resources and tools for nursing homes to improve in several different areas
• Implementing Change in Long-Term Care, a detailed guide on how to engage nursing home staff in the change process
• The Long-Term Care Improvement Guide, developed by Planetree in partnership with Picker Institute.
Prescription assistance programs
Do you have patients who need help paying for their prescriptions? “Understanding Prescription Assistance Programs,” from the National Council on Patient Information and Education, explains how these programs work and provides resources.